Changes in the body during pregnancy can sometimes be drastic, or it can change minimally over time. Regardless of the way those changes appear, a prenatal massage treatment can work wonders for you during your pregnancy!
Prenatal massage therapy is quite useful for pregnant women who face problems like back pain, sore legs, swollen feet and other similar ailments that may come with pregnancy. This kind of massage focuses on increasing the blood circulation, easing aches, reducing pains, and promoting relaxation.
A common misconception is that a massage during pregnancy can be dangerous for the baby. In reality, it’s harmless and is often recommended during the last two trimesters.
Interested in what prenatal massage therapy can do for you?
Here are our top 10 benefits:
- The ability to cope up with stress is improved – it’s no secret that stress can be detrimental to your health and every day quality of life. Massages can be very helpful in in the reduction of stress by promoting relaxation and healing in your body.
- Relaxation of the muscles – this is the primary cause of concern for most people and a massage is a proven method to overcome tension issues.
- Reduction in body pain.
- Enhances sleep – a relaxed body can help promote a relaxed mind.
- Improves blood circulation.
- Promotes a rise in body energy levels.
- Improves immunity – a massage increases the activity level of the body’s white blood cells that work to combat viruses.
- Assists with the elimination of toxins from the body.
- Alleviation of swellings from the body – this is one of the best benefits that are derived through such therapies. In the case of pregnant women, swellings are very common, and a prenatal therapy can be of great help.
- It helps you to be the best you – stay in a better mood and stay in better health overall. The better your health, the better the health of your baby is likely to be.
During the massage, you shouldn’t feel any pain. Opening up about pain is a must before getting a massage as well as during your session. This will help our therapists know how to approach the body.
Prenatal Massage That’s Tailored To Your Needs
When carrying out a prenatal massage on an expecting mom, the comfortable and peaceful feeling experienced during the session is one of many priorities. The complete experience is made to become extra mild and soothing in comparison to some other much more intensive massaging techniques.
The expectant is encouraged to mention any alterations, each optimistic and detrimental, that she feels or experiences right after the massage session. This helps us to regulate the techniques specific to your session and to ensure that it benefits you the most.
If you or your friend is pregnant, receiving prenatal massage is a proven way to feel better throughout the pregnancy. Contact us today to see what prenatal massage therapy can do for you!