How Does Acupuncture Work?
Acupuncture is based on the movement of Qi (chee). According to the principles of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Qi is living energy that circulates to all organs of the body and enables them to function. Nature’s tendency is to self-correct, so we usually recover from most illness or emotional trauma without intervention. Symptoms that persist, however, alert us to an imbalance on a deeper level.
The acupuncturist focuses on both the root cause and the symptoms brought on by the imbalance. There are approximately 360 points that acupuncturists use to influence Qi. Over time, acupuncture treatments rebalance the circu- lation of Qi to al the organ systems.
Why Do People Choose Acupuncture?
People from all walks of life choose acupuncture for different reasons. People who might particularly benefit include those:
- For whom there are limited medical interventions, as with acute viral infections, nutritional and metabolic disorders, chronic degenerative diseases, allergies and autoimmune diseases, arthritis, hypertension, and certain mental conditions such as depression or anxiety.
- With chronic pain or other symptoms not responding to Western medical treatment.
- Who are taking a lot of medications and are reluctant to take more, or are interested in cutting back,
- Who feel as if something is “wrong” even though tests are inconclusive;
- Whose symptoms seem to be associated with or worsened by stress (asthma, migraines, etc.).
- Who would like additional support for their prescribed treatment to help reduce side-effects (i.e., to help with chemotherapy).
The World Health Organization and National Institutes of Health have recognized acupuncture as effective in the treatment of:
|Addictions||Arthritis||Back Pain||Carpal Tunnel||Chemotherapy Nausea|
|Depression||Digestive Disorders||Ear Problems||Fibromyalgia||Chronic Fatigue Syndrome|
|Anxiety||Depression||Obesity||Cardiovascular Issues||Acute Illnesses|
(Table scrolls left & right depending on the size of your device)
What Happens During Treatment?
During the initial visit, information about your medical and family history, and life situation, as well as information from abdominal palpation, tongue and pulse diagnoses are gathered. After reading your energetic pulses, a treatment is designed to clear blocks, re-balance and build energy. Initially you may need to be seen a couple of times weekly. Later you may be seen weekly. After about 6 weeks, as your energy begins to hold balance for longer periods, the time between treatments decreases.
Choose Benevida Health and Wellness Center
At Benevida Health and Wellness Center, Michael Meuth, L.Ac., ACN combines his knowledge of acupuncture, herbal medicine, and nutritional healing with high-tech neurofitness tools to support people in the Kyle and Buda, Texas area. Put yourself on a path toward complete physical, emotional, and mental well-being.